Once autumn comes around, the most traditional ingredients of the season, such as pumpkin, sweet potato and mushrooms, begin to occupy space in our fridges. It is undoubtedly the perfect time to take advantage of products full of flavour with which we can cook surprising and different recipes. That is why today we bring you a recipe of warm puff pastry filled with duck, mushrooms and sweet potato, something without a doubt surprising and that will leave nobody indifferent at the table.
Ingredients for the Puff Pastry filled with Duck, Mushrooms and Sweet Potato Recipe:
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 150 of sweet potato
- 2 carrots
- 1 large leek
- ½ onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100 g of mushrooms
- 2 confit duck legs
- 100 g of duck pâté
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
How to Make It:
- The first thing to do is to peel 150 g of sweet potato and cut it into regular pieces. Then cook the sweet potato in a pot with plenty of water. Add a little salt and let it cook al dente. When it is cooked, put it aside.
- Then peel and julienne 2 carrots. Repeat the process with the leek and the half onion. Put a frying pan on the heat with a little oil and sauté these ingredients until they are tender. Once the sauce is transparent, add the finely chopped garlic and, after a couple of minutes, the mushrooms, also cut into small cubes.
- While the ingredients are frying, heat up 2 confit duck legs a little. With this we manage to remove the excess fat. Remove the meat from the bone and shred it with your hands. Chop the meat very thin with a knife and mix it with the vegetables. Also add the pâté you like most to the mixture. Then rectify the seasoning and leave to cool.
- Continue our recipe by cutting the sweet potato into cubes. Add it together with 2 beaten eggs to the legs and the rest of the ingredients. Set aside a bit of beaten egg to paint the puff pastry at the end.
- When all the ingredients are mixed, take a baking tray and spread the puff pastry on parchment paper to prevent it from sticking. Cover the puff pastry with the mixture leaving a border near the edges. Cover with the other puff pastry dough and seal the edges well. About 15-20 minutes before finishing the process, preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Finally, spread the surface of the puff pastry with the remaining beaten egg. Bake for approximately 40 minutes. Once the baking time is over, you can serve your delicious puff pastry hot.