This recipe is a mixture of the pastries from Astorga and those from Guadalajara. They are really easy to make, with pastry as the main ingredient and a syrup made with water, sugar and honey. As a result, you will get sweet little cakes full of flavor. You can find the puff pastry sheets in any supermarket. Try these puff pastry bites bathed in honey and enjoy this Spanish dessert!
Ingredients for the Hojaldritos Puff Pastries:
- 1 sheet of puff pastry for baking
- 1 egg
- 1/2 glass of water
- 100g of sugar
- 100 g of honey
How to Make the Recipe:
- On a flat surface, put the sheet of pastry. With a knife, make cuts from top to bottom and then from left to right. The proportions should be 2 fingers long and wide apart. At the end we will have some small squares of puff pastry left.
- Now is time to prepare the syrup. In a casserole, add the water, sugar and honey. Heat it over a medium heat and let it cook for about 6 minutes, stirring from time to time. Then, remove it from the heat and let it cool down.
- Next, place the puff pastry squares on a baking tray with baking paper, with a little separation between them. With a brush, paint them with the beaten egg, and put them in the oven, previously heated to 200ºC.
- Let them cook here for about 6-8 minutes, until they grow and brown a little. Then take them out of the oven and let them cool down.
- Finally, put the pastries in the syrup and bathe them. Do it in batches to make it easier. With a skimmer, sink them into this syrup, being careful not to break them. Then drain them, place them on a plate, and they are ready to eat!