When it is cold outside there is nothing better than something warm, like a delicious recipe for chorizo lentils. Although not many ingredients are necessary to make this dish, you can choose to add green and red pepper, potatoes, or tomato at your disposal… Let’s begin with our lentils with chorizo!
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 225 g of lentils
- 100 g of chorizo
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Half a spoonful of sweet pepper
- 1 bay leaf
How to Make Chorizo Lentils:
- Before you begin, prepare the lentils. Place them in a bowl with cold water and let them soak all night.
- The next day, scoop out the lentils that are still floating. Drain the rest of the lentils, and place to the side.
- Chop up in little pieces the onion and garlic. Add both to the pot with a good stream of oil. Let them sauté.
- After, add the carrot in large pieces, and the bay leaf. Let the flavors mix for two or three minutes.
- Next, away from the fire, add the spoonful of sweet pepper and mix for a few seconds. Once mixed, add the lentils (make sure they are drained), and mix.
- Add about 5 glasses of cold water, and put at a high fire. Let it cook for approximately 15 minutes until it starts to boil. Now, lower the fire. This time, add the chorizo, cut up into pieces, and season to taste. Leave for approximately 40 minutes. It may need more water, in which case add hot water.
- Before taking the lentils out, make sure they are not hard. Let them them in the pot for a few minutes before serving. Now you are ready to serve your lentils with chorizo (the way they are made in España)!
In case of time constraint, it is possible to do with a pressure cooker (takes about 10 mins).