Hake with clams in sauce is a very traditional recipe from the north of Spain where seafood is abundant. A healthy recipe for lovers of white fish that is accompanied by a tasty and delicious sauce. For this recipe, the only important thing to keep in mind is that the products must be of the best quality possible. This way, it will be impossible to disappoint our guests! Take note of the ingredients and prepare for cooking.
Ingredients for Hake with Clams in Sauce Recipe:
- 500 g of clams
- 1 kg of scaled and thornless hake
- 1 onion
- 3 fine pricked garlic cloves
- 2 grated tomatoes
- ½ glass of white wine
- 1 glass of fish stock or fish broth
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to Make It:
- Put the clams in a large container with lots of water and a spoonful of salt, mix well and let the sand filter through for at least 30 minutes.
- Put a little oil in a large pan, turn on the heat and when it is hot, add the chopped onion with a pinch of salt and sauté for about 7 minutes over medium heat until tender. Add the finely chopped garlic, stir and sauté for a few seconds.
- Pour in the wine, stir and allow the alcohol to reduce and evaporate for a few minutes, add the grated tomato, mix well and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes to concentrate the flavour of the tomatoes. Add a little sugar if the result remains too acidic.
- When the tomato is well browned, add the broth or fish stock and mix well, season the hake to taste and place it in the pan in an orderly manner, leave it to cook from the moment it starts to boil for about 3 minutes; then turn the hake over and leave it to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Dilute the cornflour with a little cold water, taste the sauce and add salt if necessary and add the diluted cornflour to achieve the desired sauce texture.
- Add the clams to the pan, well washed and drained, cover the pan and once the clams have opened, sprinkle with chopped parsley. You will have your dish ready to serve!