Rabbit is a very traditional product of the Mediterranean cuisine. It is a tender and tasty meat if well cooked and contains very little fat, making it perfect for eating well. Here is our recipe for rabbit with garlic or “al ajillo”. Another express recipe of our cuisine to enjoy, prepared by Spanish families! Simple but delicious, you only have to follow the following steps to prepare it.
Ingredients for the Rabbit with Garlic Recipe:
- 1 rabbit in pieces
- 1 head of garlic
- A glass of wine
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
How to make the recipe:
- Peel the cloves from a whole head of garlic and cut them into thin slices and set aside on one side.
- Heat a pot and brown the rabbit pieces, salted and peppered in advance, with oil over high heat and set aside. They should be well browned on the outside.
- Allow the pot to cool a little and then add the garlic over a very low heat. The slices should be confit to prevent the garlic from giving a bitter taste to the preparation. After all, garlic is the second most important ingredient!
- When the garlic is cooked, add wine, rabbit, salt if necessary, rosemary and water until the meat is covered.
- Cook for about 30 minutes or until the rabbit is tender. There you go, it is ready!
You have to absolutely accompany this dish with lots of bread to dip it in the sauce, it is part of the charm of the dish!