Are you looking for a different yet flavorful meal? Prepare this delicious recipe of Valencian cannelloni! With pork loin, Serrano ham, and chicken livers… it’s exterior is appetizing but its interior is even more so. With a strong taste, these Valencian cannelloni’s will become your star dish. This recipe is perfect as a main dish, and it is ideal to eat whether it’s cold outside or it’s a little warm. If you want to get down to work, this is your chance to give all you’ve got in the kitchen. Apron in hand… 3, 2, 1… to the stove!
- Boil the veal brains in a saucepan. The goal is to stop them from releasing blood. Once this happens, turn the stove off and drain them. We put the brains on a cutting board and chop them into small pieces.
- Put another saucepan on the stove and melt the allotted amount of butter. Once it is melted, add the ham, pork loin and chicken livers. That’s right… chop them up beforehand!
- After this, add the chopped onion when the remaining ingredients in the pan are golden. Then add in the tomato (peeled and cut into small diced pieces).
- When the ingredients are ready, turn off the burner on the stove. Combine the mixture together with the veal brains, the foie gras and the egg yolk we have set aside. Stir and combine all the seasoned ingredients well.
- Boil the cannelloni.
- Fill the cannelloni with the mixture. Place the cannelloni in a dish for the oven.
- Cover them with the bechamel sauce (to your liking) and add the grated cheese. You can also pour on some butter, but just a little bit.
- We put the dish in the preheated oven. The cannelloni will bake for about 15 minutes until we see that the top is cooked. We then serve the nice warm cannelloni. Yum, yum!
Text: María Jesús Colombo