The recipe we’re bringing you today is particularly healthy and tasty —and really easy to make! This spinach dish is ideal for a healthy dinner, a simple recipe that will suit our table any time of the year.
Here we’ll combine nuts, raisins, and sauté leaves. The dish can be ready to serve within 20 minutes, and then everyone will be surprised with this delicious meal that has different flavours and textures: it’s sweet, salty, and crunchy at the same time.
Moreover, spinach in the Catalan style can also be the perfect side dish for fish, among other things, even though it probably better fits the role of the main course if we are to cook a healthy light dinner.
Ingredients (4 people)
- 500g fresh spinach
- 50g pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50g raisins
- A pinch of sesame for decorating (optional)
- It’s very important to let the raisins soak in tepid water (you may add a bit of cognac here if you wish to) for at least 30 minutes before we begin to cook. This way, they will be more tender.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, medium heat, and once it’s warm, add all the spinach. Cook for 10 minutes, or until you see the spinach is ready. Then put it on a plate.
- Keep using the same pan, without changing the temperature. Add the garlic cloves, finely chopped, along with a couple of tablespoons olive oil. Add the pine nuts too. Gently fry for about 2 or 3 minutes, then add the raisins and, finally, the spinach.
- Modulate the amount of salt and add a bit of ground pepper.
Spinach in the Catalan style. | Shutterstock