Salads are one of the most refreshing things to eat throughout the summer. The vegetables and fruits, perfect to add to any recipe, are also a very important source of water to hydrate yourself. Today, we prepare a classic of Spanish gastronomy: the recipe of the country salad (ensalada campera). One of the characteristics of this dish is the great variety of ingredients that can be added (or not added) depending on the personal tastes of each person. In our case, we have added two ingredients that are not commonly included: green beans and mustard. We will also include two main ingredients, as they will bring more flavor: potatoes from Galicia and tomatoes from La Cañada. The result is somewhat different from the traditional recipe but it will result in a delicious flavor and a greater nutritional value. Shall we get started?
- Cook the washed potatoes with skin in a pot with water and salt.
- To find out if they are ready, stick a fork in one. If the fork comes back out easily, remove the potatoes from the heat and let them cool.
- When they are cool, remove the skin and cut into squares. Set aside in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook the eggs for about 10 minutes from the moment they are put in the water to boil.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices.
- Chop up the rest of the ingredients, including the cooled egg, either diced or in slices.
- Put everything in a bowl together with the potatoes.
- Let it cool in the fridge so you can serve it fresh.
- When you serve it, add the dressing, previously prepared in another bowl so that the oil, the vinegar and the mustard are mixed well.
Since this is a recipe that can be prepared so many different ways, we have a question for you; how do you prepare this recipe? What do you think are the basic ingredients for a 100% Spanish country salad? We look forward to your comments!