The seafood pasta recipe is perfect to enjoy when the weather is nice. It’s perfect for serving as a unique dish, the combination of spaghetti with clams and shrimp is delicious. The tomato gives you that flavor point that will make you end up dipping your bread in your plate. This classic and simple dish is ideal for a taste once in a while. There are different ways to prepare the seafood pasta but none like ours. All hands on deck in the kitchen!
What should I buy to make the seafood pasta?
Spaghetti (250 gr. for 2 people), clams, shrimps, chilli or cayenne, garlic (2-3 teeth), tomato sauce (homemade or bought), olive oil and salt.
Making the recipe and our tips to do so
Step by step:
- The first step is to cook the pasta in a pot with plenty of water and a pinch of salt. The cooking time will vary according to the type of the pasta.
- We continue with the shrimps (previously thawed). We must clean them by removing the intestine and then cutting them into small pieces. We pour a little salt on them.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, cut the garlic into pieces. Pour a drizzle of oil in a frying pan and when it is hot add the garlic and chili until the garlic is golden brown.
- When the garlic is done, (taking care that it does not burn), add the shrimps. We do not add the clams until the shrimps have been done almost entirely.
- The time has come to add the tomato sauce. It goes without saying that if it is homemade, it is much better. This way the flavor would be even tastier. There are also many prepared tomato sauces that are of high quality to purchase. That choice is left to the chef, although the time it takes to prepare this recipe for seafood sauce usually has the last word.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain it and put it in the frying pan along with the tomato, the clams and the shrimps. The better we mix the ingredients, the more the flavor of this seafood recipe will increase. Put it on your plate and enjoy!
Our advice: Serve it freshly made. You can put cheese on top of it.
Text: María Jesús Colombo