This rice dish is not difficult to cook, and it will surprise all your guests. It is really significant to get the most high-quality ingredients in order to prepare this recipe. Although sometimes seafood could be a bit expensive, this is worth it to get the best version of this dish. So, a visit to the market of your neighbourhood or village is a must. This delicious rice is recommended to accompany by your favourite salad. Below are all the steps to prepare this dish.
Ingredients (4 serves):
- 8 lobsters or king prawns
- 400 g of round or ‘bomba’ rice (typical rice from Valencia)
- 4 small squids
- 20 fresh prawns
- 2 onions
- 1 large red pepper
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 litres fish stock
Rice with lobster. | Shutterstock
How to prepare it:
- Firstly, it is necessary to prepare the ‘fumet’, i.e., is the fish stock. Keep this stock at a warm temperature before adding it to the rice.
- In a frying pan, add a little oil in order to sauté the lobsters on a high heat for one minute on each side, to give more flavour to the whole recipe.
- Remove the lobsters once browned and add the finely chopped onion and red pepper.
- Sauté them with a little salt for at least 20 minutes. It is important that the vegetables are also well browned.
- Next, add the squid, previously sliced and cleaned. Cook for 10 minutes over a medium heat. Finish by adding the tomato paste.
- Once everything is ready, add the rice and the hot stock.
- Cook this for 18-20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.
- A few minutes before the rice is almost ready, add the peeled prawns so that they are cooked but not overcooked.
This recipe is a pleasure for all the senses.