The month of December and the lights on the streets are already telling us that Christmas, family dinners and ideas to surprise our guests have arrived. That is why we are going to learn how to cook lamb, a Spanish typical dinner, easy to cook, that requires as well a long time to prepare. A very typical dish from Segovia, especially from Sepúlveda. Shall we start?
Ingredients for the lamb recipe
- ½ suckling lamb
- 4 garlic cloves
- 40 g of lard
- 2 parsley branches
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- Lemon juice
How to cook lamb
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC.
- Paint the lamb with two garlic cloves and spread it with lard. Salt it.
- Once the oven is prepared and heated, put it inside.
- While you leave the lamb in the oven, make a broth. To do this, include all the ingredients in a saucepan with a glass of water. Let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Strain and set aside.
- After about 15 minutes (when the lamb starts to brown), lower the oven to 180ºC and sprinkle with a little broth. At that moment, include small potatoes, peeled so that they are made at the same time as the broth and the lamb.
- Repeat this step every 15 minutes, taking the broth from the tray that will have been mixed with the fat that is released, and spraying with the one we had reserved. The tray never has to be dry.
- After about 45 minutes, turn the lamb over so that it is done on all sides and the lamb will be ready after about an hour and a half, depending on the thickness and the oven. Leave to rest for 5 minutes in the heat before cutting.