The recipe for oxtail is a very traditional dish, especially in Cordoba where it has its origins. It is very easy to cook although it can take you a long time to obtain a good result. With the passing of time this recipe has been changing and nowadays we can find many variations. Today we teach you how to make a delicious oxtail from Cordoba. Shall we start?
- Start by chopping the onions and tomatoes very small. Clean and cut the carrots and leek. And slice the garlic. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, with a good drizzle of oil, include the chopped onions and garlic and leave it to cook for a few minutes, until it softens.
- Then include the leek, carrot and peppers, and leave to fry for about 5 minutes.
- Cut the oxtail into pieces, between cartilage and cartilage (it will be easier if you ask the butcher). Salt it and put it in a casserole with a good drizzle of oil.
- Let it brown a little on all sides and, then, add the tomato and the vegetables that you had previously sautéed.
- When the tail starts to brown, include the brandy and sherry wines.
- Once the alcohol has evaporated, include the stock and the bay leaves. Cover and let it stew for about two and a half or three hours. To know if the tail is well cooked, the meat should come off the bone.
- When it is cooked properly, take it out and put the sauce in a blender. Serve with the garnish.
Advise: It is better to let the stews settle for a day so they acquire a greater taste. We suggest you eat it a day after making it.