Galician cuisine stands out without a doubt for the simplicity of its dishes, which are full of flavour and in which the product is extremely important. It is therefore not surprising that some of the most famous dishes in the Galician recipe book include PDO products such as the Arzúa-Ulloa queixos, de Tetilla or San Simón da Costa. Some of the many protected Galician products are part of this Raxo recipe, such as Herbón or Padrón peppers or the Galician potato, guaranteed by an PGI.
To sum up, Raxo is one of the best known preparations of the Galician region in which pork loin, good quality fries and Padrón peppers play a leading role. A perfect recipe to delight any guest and that does not require too much preparation time.
Ingredients for the Raxo Recipe
- 1 kg of pork loin
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ½ kg of potatoes
- padrón peppers to taste
- olive oil
- ground black pepper
- oregano and white wine (optional)
How to make the Raxo
- To be able to prepare the Raxo, you must first let the meat marinate from one day to the next. To do this cut the garlic cloves very thin and mix them in a bowl with the meat. Add enough salt, pepper, oregano, and a dash of white wine. These last two ingredients are typical of some areas of Galicia. Cover the bowl and let it rest in the fridge overnight or for several days if necessary.
- When you want to prepare the Raxo, start by peeling the potatoes and then cut and fry them. As you can see, nothing complicated. Once fried, let the potatoes on kitchen paper and salt them well.
- Now prepare the Padrón peppers for this Raxo recipe. For them, add a good splash of olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the peppers over a high heat for at least 5 minutes. They should be toasted and soft. Add salt and set aside.
- Finally cook the loin. In the same frying pan where you have made the peppers; add a good splash of olive oil and heat it up intensely. Once the oil starts to smoke, add the loin and sauté just enough to cook it and make it golden. Do not cook it too much so that it does not dry out too much.
- All that remains is to serve the loin on a bed of fries and Padrón peppers to finish off this delicious Raxo recipe.