Together with the recipe for meatballs in Spanish sauce, this recipe for stewed meatballs with tomato sauce and almonds is one of the most famous for meatballs. In this case, we have used the recipe of one of the grandmothers of the Fascinating Spain team to show you this wonder! The secret lies in a good homemade tomato sauce in which almonds are added, which gives a delicious taste. Would you like to prepare these meatballs with tomato sauce and almonds? Then follow the steps described below:
Ingredients for Meatballs with Tomato Sauce and Almonds
- 1/2 kg of minced beef and pork in equal parts
- 1 egg
- 2 slices of sandwich bread without crust
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ glass of milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 jet of white wine
For the sauce:
- 400 g tomato pulp
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion
- 50 gr ground almond
- Sugar, salt and black pepper
- Parsley for decoration
How to make the Meatballs with Tomato Sauce and Almonds
- First of all, soak the bread in milk.
- Take a bowl to combine the meat, soaked bread, egg, minced garlic, salt, pepper and wine. Mix well and set aside.
- Use your hands to make meatballs of the desired size. Shape them, then flour them, removing the excess flour. Set aside on a plate.
- When they are ready, fry them over high heat in a pan with plenty of oil. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- To make the sauce, add a drizzle of olive oil to a casserole dish to fry the diced onion and the finely chopped garlic. Once the vegetables are well cooked, add the tomato pulp and almonds. Sauté for 25 minutes or until the tomatoes are well cooked. Season with sugar, salt and pepper.
- If desired, it is time to blend the sauce. Add the meatballs to the casserole and cook over low heat for 15 min.
- Finally, taste and correct the seasoning and sprinkle with well chopped parsley before serving.
These meatballs are ideal to accompany with spaghetti or macaroni.