In our attempt to reinvent classic recipes and give them a healthier version, today it is the turn of healthy croquettes. For example, spinach croquettes are an excellent option if you are looking to boost fiber and vitamin A. Another option is the tuna croquettes, simple and easy to prepare. But, what if we put both ingredients together? Besides a recipe of healthy croquettes we will obtain a very tasty dish: tuna and spinach croquettes.
1. Start the recipe by chopping the spinach, tomatoes, onion and garlic separately into small pieces.
2. On the other hand, you have to remove all the juice from the cans of tuna.
3. In this case, prepare the light béchamel in a different way, with potato dough. Peel the potatoes and cook them in boiling water until they are tender.
4. When the potatoes are ready, put them in a bowl and mash them with a fork. Add the cheese and mix.
5. While the potatoes are cooking, put a frying pan with a splash of olive oil on the heat. Brown the garlic and onion.
6. Add the tomato to the frying pan and stir. Add salt and pepper. Do the same with the spinach, just a few minutes to give it flavour.
7. Mix the ingredients of the frying pan with a spoon or fork together with the potatoes and cheese. Pour in the 2 or 3 cans to create the tuna croquettes. Get a well-distributed mixture.
8. It is best to wait for the dough to cool down.
9. Beat the egg in a deep dish and place the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
10. Shape the croquettes as desired. Dip the healthy croquettes first in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs until they are well coated.
11. Pour oil into a frying pan, half a finger or a finger high will suffice. We only want them to brown, as they are already made inside. One or two minutes will be enough.
12. Leave to rest on a napkin to remove excess oil from the healthy croquettes.