The recipe for fried trout is simple and does not require a lot of time or ingredients. It is one of the main foods of the gastronomy in Castilla and León, mainly in the province of León because of its proximity to the rivers. Once a year, the international Trout Week is celebrated, and the participants prepare the most original dishes centered around the fish. In the Leonese recipe book, we can find recipes from the most traditional plates, like the friend trout or trout with marinade, to the trout tart of Boña, that may seem strange but is delicious. Shall we get started?
1. Clean the trout. To do this, we will begin by removing the scales from the tail to the fish head. Next, we will cut through the entire belly and remove the bowels and gills.
2. Wash and dry the fish with kitchen paper by opening them in the middle.
3. Add the ham and garlic to the inside of the fish, very well minced.
4. So that the ingredients don’t fall out of the fish, we can close the center with toothpicks.
5. Do not insert them into a frying pan with too much oil. When they start to brown, we will remove them from the fire and place them on a plate.
1. In a mortar, add 2 cloves of garlic, a bay leaf, salt and parsley. Mash them until they are well crushed, like a paste.
2. Add a drizzle of vinegar, olive oil and paprika. Stir well until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
3. Once the trout are done and put on a dish, we will add the sauce. It can be adorned with a few slices of lemon.
Tip: With potatoes and vegetables, this is a real baked treat.