The recipe for artichokes with sauce is an ideal recipe for those who are looking for healthy and easy to make dishes. This ingredient provides a great amount of benefits to our body and, in addition, any other food can be added such as Serrano ham, capers or eggs to give it more substance. In any case, it can be served as a main dish or as an accompaniment to others. Shall we start?
- The first thing we must do is clean the artichokes well. To do this remove the top and the hardest outer leaves until the light green ones appear. Rub them with half a lemon so that they do not turn black. Another option is to immerse them in cold water and a few drops of lemon (add very little lemon juice as the artichokes are already acidic).
- Put in a pot abundant water, salt and some branches of parsley, to boil. When it reaches the boiling point, add the artichokes. Leave for about 15 minutes. When they are al dente, remove from the heat and drain. Set aside some of the cooking broth.
- In a frying pan with a little oil, sauté the finely chopped onion and garlic and, when they have acquired colour, add a spoonful of flour. Leave to toast a little. Then add a small glass of the reserved cooking broth and stir everything until a light sauce is formed.
- Add the artichokes and boil them over a low heat for 8 minutes so that the flavours mix well. Check the salt content and serve.
- Finally you can add some parsley.
When the onion and garlic have been sautéed, include a few cubes of Serrano ham. It will give it an excellent taste.