A good, fresh salad is always welcomed in any meal. Whether to have it as a side dish with a roast lamb, as a dinner, or just as an individual meal. In any case, a mixed salad is simple and very typical, still part of the menu of many restaurants in our country. A traditional mixed salad with products from the garden. Fresh lettuce, onion, egg, olives… A perfect alliance of ingredients to dress with a good extra virgin olive oil, of course.
Mixed salad. | Shutterstock
Ingredients for the mixed salad for 4 people
- 1 romaine lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 small grated carrots
- ½ red onion
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 cans of tuna
- Sweet corn to taste
- Pitted olives
- Oil, vinegar and salt to taste
How to make the mixed salad:
- First wash the lettuce well and let it dry for at least 1 hour to prevent the salad from having too much water. Later, cut it in a bowl where we will prepare the salad.
- Wash and cut the tomatoes into wedges. Peel and grate well the raw carrot to give it sweetness and a crunchy texture. Finally, cut the red onion into thin julienne strips.
- Add all the chopped vegetables along with the lettuce and the corn. Add enough salt, oil and vinegar to taste and then stir.
- Finally, cut the olives in half, and add them on top, the tuna and the eggs in slices or in pieces, previously cooked and peeled. And this mixed salad, so traditional in the bars and restaurants of Spain, is ready to play the role of a side dish of all kinds of meat and fish.