Depending on the region of Spain where it is prepared, sometimes the peppers are omitted and the beans are even replaced by another type of legume such as lentils or chickpeas. Be that as it may, white bean salad is one of the best summer dishes. Very complete and perfect to take to work, to the pool or to the beach, do you dare to prepare it?
Beans salad. | Shutterstock
Ingredients for the white bean salad for 5 people
- 500 g of cooked beans
- 300 g of red bell pepper
- 300 g of green bell pepper
- 4 boiled eggs
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 100 g black olives
- 2 cans of tuna
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 40 ml wine vinegar
- Salt, chopped fresh parsley and pepper
How to make the white bean salad
- The preparation is extremely simple. Remove the cooked beans from the jar and rinse them well under running water. Drain the water in a colander and add to a bowl.
- Finely chop all the vegetables into small squares. The peppers, the tomato, the onion and the olives. Grate the carrot with a grater (cheese grater). Chop the boiled eggs very finely. Add everything to the bowl.
- Drain the oil from the tuna and add it to the bowl as well. Finally add the oil, vinegar, salt, parsley and pepper. Taste and correct. Now all that remains is to let it rest in the refrigerator, it will be better from one day to the next!